Automatic Power Factor Correction Panels (APFC)
Automatic power factor control or APFC panels are mainly used for the improvement of power factor to unity. Power Factor is the ratio of active power to apparent power and it is parameter of assesing efficiency of an electrical network. APFC panel provides reactive power to an electrical network by switching in as many capacitors required. The requirement is assessed with a microprocessor based APFC Panel.
- It is a customised panel for the supply of reactive power starts from a rating of 100 KVAR.
- It can be given to suit various voltage levels of an industry.
- Following are the different ratings available:
- KVAR: 100-5000 KVAR single unit.
- Voltage levels- 400/415/440/525/690/800/1200V